District: Avon Local Report Card Results
|Gifted student value added||A|
|Disabled student value added||B|
|Lower 20% value added||B|
|Graduation rate (4-year)||A|
|Graduation rate (5-year)||A|
Value added measures whether students in grades 4-8 exceeded, met or learned below what was expected over the year in reading and math.
Annual Measurable Objectives (AMO) replaces the federal Adequate Yearly Progress measure that looked at the performance of multiple racial and disability groups.
The lowest 20 percent examines how much growth the bottom fifth of students have from year to year.
|Performance index 2014||107.4|
|Performance index 2013||106.8|
|Performance index 2012||106.7|
- Performance indicators show how many students have a minimum, or proficient, level of knowledge.
- Performance index measures the achievement of every student, not just whether they reach “proficient.”
- Value added (examining student growth)
- All students (overall rating of a school or district).
- Gifted students (math, reading or superior cognitive only).
- Students with disabilities (all students who have an IEP and take the OAA).
- Students in the Lowest 20 Percent of Achievement Statewide (based on distribution of scores for the entire state).
- Four-Year rate based on graduating within four years of entering ninth grade.
- Five-Year rate based on graduating within five years of entering ninth grade.
- Annual Measurable Objectives (AMOs) measure the academic performance of specific groups of students, such as racial and demographic groups. Each of these groups is compared against the collective performance of all students in Ohio.